- Highest level of amino-acids, proline.
- Extract collagen from the membrane inside the shells.
- Higher levels of types I and V and the rare type X collagens. Higher levels allow for the same results, with less product usage
Why is eggshell membrane so effective?
The membrane of an egg is a connective tissue. Similarly, our joints have connective tissue – the same components we need to have healthy joints are also present in eggshell membrane. These main components include: collagen, hyaluronic acid, chondroitin and glucosamine. As an added bonus, eggshell membrane also contains calcium and amino acids, all of which have health benefits.
Benefits: Eggshell membrane does not just treat the symptoms of joint pain and stiffness; it actually helps heal the joints themselves – something no prescription medication can do. Patients have reported a reduction in pain and stiffness in as little as seven to ten days.
Other benefits include:
- Only a small, 500mg daily dose needed
- Natural anti-inflammatory properties reduce pro-inflammatory cytokines which may slow joint degradation
- Natural source of chondroitin sulfate, hyaluronic acid and other glycosaminoglycans with key proteins like collagen essential for healthy joints
- Natural, GRAS ingredient
- Non-chemical, eco-friendly manufacturing process in an FDA regulated facility
- Made in the U.S., 100 percent domestic
- Clinical studies show no adverse side effects to the use of eggshell membrane
- Extracts from membrane offer an alternative to glucosamine (extracted from the shell of crabs, lobster and shrimps) and chondroitin sulphate (extracted from animal cartilage, such as sharks)